Time to upgrade

R_P

So I think my dinosaur FR803-D finally bit the dust. Was a solid machine that still turns on and spins, but the CRT is blank.

I am looking at Furuno RPU-015 Navnet VX2 C-Map blackbox, Furuno RCU-017 Keypad for blackbox, Furuno MU-155c 15” Marine Monitor, Furuno RSB-0070 4kw 48nm radar w/ 3.5’ open array antenna. I know it is not a current model setup, but anything should be an upgrade from 1980's. How have the VX2 units held up to aging and how do the keypads hold up? Current have garmin gps and garmin sounder. My main use is situational awareness in fog or night. Will this setup be a good replacemnet or should I up the budget and look for something newer?

Any thoughts are welcome,
Rich

Many VX2 are still working fine. I think the newer choices since the vx2 work much nicer in terms of ease of use.
If you want it to last a while something as new as you can afford would be ideal, sorta like buying a used car..

Furuno 1935 just went out of production and uses a similar antenna. These are available for a good deal in barely used condition.

The NXT radars for a new product choice give you the most display options. FR10/FR12, tztouch2/3/xl MFD, pc with Timezero+radar module. And of course they work really nice.