Tank display black water level colour / alarm

wjn

I purchased last year some Furuno equipment to replace really old (20+years) previous instruments. Amongst others a TZT12F for navigation chart and radar.

Last week I installed a Maretron FPM100 with 2 tank sensors in a fresh water and a black water tank.

Now the question:

Default a tank is green between 10-100% and red between 0-10%.

For the black water tank I want to have the opposite, green between 0-90% and red between 90-100%.

How to set this up?

I cannot find any settings for this, nor for setting an alarm or such.

For fluid level settings, is what you're asking for possible in the Maretron FPM100? Ideally, if it's setup first in the Maretron correctly than it ought to output correctly to the NMEA2000 network, and subsequently display properly to the MFD (which displays the data). Maretron support should be able to assist in setting up each tank sensor instance properly.

For editing instrument displays the MFD Plotter is limited to only the editing tools referenced in sec. 12.3.3 in the Operator's Manual.

Hope this helps, :sail

- Maggy

In the Maretron FPM100 in tank mode, you can setup the tank type, number, label, capacity, all of which are properly displayed on the MFD.
You can do some custom tank level calibration for non-rectangular tanks too.

There is no possibility to setup an alarm in the FPM100, this has to be done on the user interface, in my case the TZT12F MFD. I read the manual of the TZT12F, but thought maybe I was missing something.

Revering to my question, waste and black water tanks should turn RED when they are full, opposite to "normal" fuel or fresh water tanks.

Maybe Furuno can add this to a future update.

The color difference is based on the type of tank you set the sensor up for. Fuel will turn red whenever you get to 10% or less and Blackwater will turn red when it gets 90% or more full. No setting in the Furuno. You must setup the tank sensor correctly for blackwater. Fresh water or other status won't cut it. It must be putting out the correct blackwater type status from the sensor.

Thank you.

I got the same feedback from Furuno Germany.

When I was testing it, I switched between pages on the TZT, and this confused it a little bit. When below 10%, first it displays red, and the adjusts to green somehow.

Anyway, it works like it should.

Attachments

• 20211101_102541205_iOS.jpg
    20211101_102541205_iOS.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 173