Taking advantage of Chirp and CW transducer on fcv800

darth baiter

sorry about getting into the weeds on this. I am having trouble interpreting the UserGuide and setting and getting the best display or split display on my fcv800. I have a CW transducer in port 1, chirp in port 2. I set both to “on”. I think I should select Mode 4 to take advantage of both Chirp and CW benefits. The UserGuide is confusing to me. My usage is for suspended fish in up to 300ft water.

Questions:
1.What Mode should I select that best fits my usage and takes advantage of both transducers in single display?

2. Can I do split screen w CW in one side and Chirp on other?…or is not very helpful?
3. How would you set up this starting point for this usage?
Thanks

If you have setup your CW and CHIRP transducers as described in your somewhat duplicate post. https://furunousaforum.com/threads/fcv800-2-transducer-operations-back-to-basics.20907/#post-55476
Then you would next want to configured the MODES you wish to operate from single screen or split screen and what you wish shown. The machine will prevent you from creating conflicting combinations like running both HF Chirp at the same time you run HF CW. This is to prevent any cross talk as much as possible.
Have you configured the MODES you wish to have pre-established?
1719962508245.png
For example if you configure the first MODE for running both CW and CHIRP at the same time....
1719962608159.png

I can SPLIT my screen where the Right side of the display is HF CHIRP and the left side of the display is LF (50Khz) CW.1719962724691.png

Once configured I can leave the menu... got to the MODE button and press it to select MODE#1 that I just configured.. and Bingo both transducers are working and showing.

1719962825062.png

Each mode lets you build the combinations you want.

If you have setup your CW and CHIRP transducers as described in your somewhat duplicate post. https://furunousaforum.com/threads/fcv800-2-transducer-operations-back-to-basics.20907/#post-55476
Then you would next want to configured the MODES you wish to operate from single screen or split screen and what you wish shown. The machine will prevent you from creating conflicting combinations like running both HF Chirp at the same time you run HF CW. This is to prevent any cross talk as much as possible.
Have you configured the MODES you wish to have pre-established?
View attachment 5463
For example if you configure the first MODE for running both CW and CHIRP at the same time....
View attachment 5464

I can SPLIT my screen where the Right side of the display is HF CHIRP and the left side of the display is LF (50Khz) CW.View attachment 5465

Once configured I can leave the menu... got to the MODE button and press it to select MODE#1 that I just configured.. and Bingo both transducers are working and showing.

View attachment 5466

Each mode lets you build the combinations you want.
Thanks Mr E. Brain misfire on the Mode thing. I thought I was limited to the combinations shown in the Users Guide; not something that I designate. And thanks for the tip on not trying to do 2 high frequency at once. .....I do know to take the pizza out of the cardboard box before I put it into the oven but some other instructions like in a Users Guide need to be very detailed.

Back