SS 54 and 175HW

MikeR13

Furuno Super Fan
Hey gang, thinking of going from transom mounts to through hull. I just got a new boat and its aluminum. Thinking of putting the ss54 in a fairing block (custom made) and the single band chirp through hull. I realize my boat and the transducers are different metals and you need to create barrier between the two. Does anyone know if the spacers come with the transducers? And second are you using something like sikaflex when you secure the thread down? Any help would be appreciated before I go out and buy all new transducers if it isn't the best idea lol

MikeR13":3ddx2ldm said:
Hey gang, thinking of going from transom mounts to through hull. I just got a new boat and its aluminum. Thinking of putting the ss54 in a fairing block (custom made) and the single band chirp through hull. I realize my boat and the transducers are different metals and you need to create barrier between the two. Does anyone know if the spacers come with the transducers? And second are you using something like sikaflex when you secure the thread down? Any help would be appreciated before I go out and buy all new transducers if it isn't the best idea lol

The stainless steel housing versions of the tilted element transducers such as the SS175H include an isolation bushing for mounting in aluminum hulls. The installation instructions are pretty comprehensive in describing where to apply sealants. This is an example https://airmar.com/uploads/InstallGuide/17-458-01.pdf

Bear in mind with the SS64 transducer for the DFF-3D that it needs to be able to "see" to the sides so mounting it as close to the keel as possible is necessary to ensure you get good side-to-side imaging.

Back