Spots on the screen

Faceseas

I have a new dual tzt3 system. I noticed these spots on the screen. They don’t run off and I don’t want to use anything that will destroy the coating.

Any advice ?

Attachments

• C49E02FC-4964-43B4-9D16-974E5E656FA1.jpeg
    C49E02FC-4964-43B4-9D16-974E5E656FA1.jpeg
    70.4 KB · Views: 216
That is damage that has been done to the A/R coating either by letting salt water etch or boat cleaners etch into the surface. It is unlikely to see any of them come off. When cleaning use clean fresh water and a microfiber cloth.

Fish-a-Palooza":39jhi1ez said:
Could that be the protective sheet that is on the unit when new???

No it's a special surface coating for touch screen displays.

Magnetron":g710l3kx said:
Fish-a-Palooza":g710l3kx said:

I see why Fish-a-Palooza is asking about the protective film cover that comes on them when new out of the box, a lot of the spots have little spots in the center of them are making them look like air bubbles.

gtstang462002":38r95tu6 said:
Magnetron":38r95tu6 said:
Fish-a-Palooza":38r95tu6 said:

I see why Fish-a-Palooza is asking about the protective film cover that comes on them when new out of the box, a lot of the spots have little spots in the center of them are making them look like air bubbles.

I disagree somewhat, it actually appears like some type of environmental (splash or saltwater) or externally applied solvent. Attached is a photo of a brand new unit with the protective sheet. As you can see there may be some air pockets, but that doesn't look anything like OPs pic. As Johnny says, it's external damage of some kind.

- Maggy

Attachments

• TZTL-screenprotector.png
    TZTL-screenprotector.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 131
Back