Software Update

Greetings,

I recently had my bubbling screen replaced on both TZTouch units. The FIrst one was done without updating the software so it is sitting at 5.01. The second just returned and is at version 6.03 which I assume is the latest. Everything came up nicely and played well but thinking I just have them all at the same level.

Backed up my data to the SDCard and then connected to my local wifi network. Unit connected fine and I got the green circle with a checkmark, however, the "Check for software update" button was still grey. I went back to the Wifi info and, while it looked ok I got a message (can't remember exact words but something to the effect) Network Security Key invalid.

I toggled the wifi off/on and tried again but get that error message and no connection. I used my phone to connect to the wifi network and all was good. I confirmed several times I had the password correct but the indications seem there is some other "key" that is not aligning.

As always, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

TimC
St Pete, FL

Updating firmware online from within the plotter is only a recent addition to the TZ Touch 2/3 series with their recent software updates and not currently available for the TZ Touch series. The upgrade instructions are offered on the TZ Touch support page here: https://furunousa.com/en/support/tzt14#Software ;)

You'll need to download the software, and have a separate 4GB - 64GB SD Card for the process. Read through the instruction steps on how to prepare the card, load the software, and than proceed to update the unit with the other MFD off or with this MFD isolated. :D

If you get stuck it's recommended to contact your local authorized Furuno dealer and have them assist you or to purchase a pre-formatted software upgrade kit. :cool

Hope this helps, :sail

- Maggy

If you're having issues, try using a different card manufacturer. Otherwise, Furuno offers upgrade kits at cost for the time and materials. :D

Hope it goes well, :sail

- Maggy

Maggy,

Just finished the update and it went per the instructions in the link you provided. All units are now at 6.03.

Thank you for your guidance. This forum is so helpful thanks to folks like you.

Best,

Tim C

Back