Simrad Nac-3 AP will not receive Nav Data from TZT

Status
Not open for further replies.

edik17

Looking for help and Simrad can't figure it out. I installed 2 TZT14's and have a Simrad AP (NAC-3, Compass 9) controlled by NSS EVO3 as the AP controller and also have an OP-12 touchpad. Everything is on n2k backbone, no 183. Everything shows up in the device list on all units. When I enter a waypoint or route on TZT, I run the source auto select on Simrad as they instructed, Simrad sees the TZT14' and is checked off but when I hit nav mode, it says no nav data and AP defaults to hiding hold. I turned on 3 PGN's instructed by Furuno 129283, 129284 and 129285. What else needs to be done to get these to talk?

The three PGNs is what is needed. If you have more than one TZT, start by turning on just one display then create a GOTO so NavData is generated, then go to the pilot and select the source again, then try to hit Nav. Did that work? If your TZT is running older software, add an extra step to create the GOTO and cancel nav and then create a second GOTO before doing above. 6.03 is the current software for TZT series one.

Thanks, Yes did all that, did not work, then turned on Position rapid update, COG &SOG and GNSS Position Data. Simrad then gave me additional choice to pick TZT as the source of position data vs. Simrad. I plotted a route and it turned on Nav. Then I cancelled the route and tried to do a different waypoint and problem is back with Simrad not navigating. I am at a loss.

Problem solved I think. It turns out the Simrad Nss Evo3 does not work as the control head to operate TZT, operates Simrad AP with no issue. I hooked up the Simrad AP44 control head alongside the Evo3 and it works perfectly to a route or a waypoint plotted on the TZT. Evo3 still shows no nav data if I open the AP screen on it but AP works fine from the AP44 head. For the life of me, I can't understand why that is but whatever, it works. Only thing I can think of is some proprietary conflict with internal GPS on Evo3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back