Shift Function FCV 628/588

mindi

I hope this is helpful, because I found it very difficult to understand from reading the instructions and tuning guide. It is a great function and easy to use, just hard to describe. Here is my take on it.

It provides a movable window, the size of which you can decide, and the position of which you can decide.....so you see that targetted section of the water column in full screen.

Set the size of the window
It uses the Manual Range Table for this. So you switch the Range to Manual, and then choose one of your user defined manual ranges....say 0-12 for example. This will set the height (depth..?) of the window to 12.

Set the location of the window
Go to "Shift" and enter a number for the start of your window or, if you like, the top of the window. Say I enter 8 in Shift, then I will see a full screen display a window 12 deep of the water column 8-20M.....completely leaving out the first 8 metres.The bottom will appear wherever it appears...if you are in 25M and do the above you would still see 8-20 and no bottom, so you need to be sure to include the bottom if you want it.

I was searching today with a 13M window positioned to show 7-20...and in 19M I had the bottom and a great picture. I had chosen a manual range of 13 and a Shift setting of 7.

When you go to chose your Shift setting you will discover that the available numbers jump with some numbers not available... obvious when you do it. Works best if you have put some thought into defining your manual ranges to suit your fishing activity

For me the main use for it is you can just get rid of the dead top part of the water.

I hope someone finds this helpful, because it is a really good function and worth getting sorted. Setting The Func key to jump straight to the Shift setting is a good idea.

Back