Service manual MFDBB

Service manuals are available only to authorized servicing dealers. If you are buying your product from an authorized dealer, they might be willing to share. You would need to ask them.

Good morning, yes I have the installation manual. But I'm looking for service for a problem with the power board.

Service manuals are available only to authorized servicing dealers. If you are buying your product from an authorized dealer, they might be willing to share. You would need to ask them.
Yes, I know the procedure, but they tell me they don't have it. But I know it exists...

Yes, there is a NN3D service manual.
Johnny good morning, how can I get it. I have a problem with its internal power supply, the one that powers the HUB-101 cards and the data interface. (not the PC one) if I have to pay for something please let me know.(i have this)Thank you.

Attachments

• Immagine 2024-01-16 092859.jpg
    Immagine 2024-01-16 092859.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 1
Maybe work with your local Furuno distributor to sign up as a dealer? If your doing a lot of Furuno work it seems like a good method.

Maybe work with your local Furuno distributor to sign up as a dealer? If your doing a lot of Furuno work it seems like a good method.
Yes, it is a good indication, but here in Italy it works differently. Services have existed and been assigned for a long time. then the tendency is not to provide service manuals.

Italy is outside Furuno USA's sales and service area and we are not bound to step into someone else's area of responsibility. If you find the internal hub has an issue on the older Kontron, it is done for as there are no parts available for that hub anymore. The same for the Kontron video board. If the video board is bad, most can be repaired by changing all the capacitors on the board but there are no replacements available. Used newer Dux units are available at some pretty good prices. If me, I would replace with a newer DUX from the used market.

Italy is outside Furuno USA's sales and service area and we are not bound to step into someone else's area of responsibility. If you find the internal hub has an issue on the older Kontron, it is done for as there are no parts available for that hub anymore. The same for the Kontron video board. If the video board is bad, most can be repaired by changing all the capacitors on the board but there are no replacements available. Used newer Dux units are available at some pretty good prices. If me, I would replace with a newer DUX from the used market.
Of course for the services here in Italy, it's very different, they are closed groups they don't provide information...For the MFDBB I solved it, I bought a used one in the USA, it has a DUX card. I had to reprogram everything and buy new cartography. Practically refurbished. started and put back into service this Monday. it works perfectly. The old device had a problem with the power supply, and that's why I was looking for the diagram. But it will surely end up in the scrapheap.

Glad you got it fixed. For reference, if the old unit was the chart master and it is condemned, the chart licence can legally be moved from the old unit to the newer one at no cost. Of course it would still be the older licence version so buying new gets current charts. Yet, the licenced could have been moved so that you qualified for update prices. Water under the bridge I guess but just in case you run into something like this in the future on someone else's boat.

Glad you got it fixed. For reference, if the old unit was the chart master and it is condemned, the chart licence can legally be moved from the old unit to the newer one at no cost. Of course it would still be the older licence version so buying new gets current charts. Yet, the licenced could have been moved so that you qualified for update prices. Water under the bridge I guess but just in case you run into something like this in the future on someone else's boat.
Hi Johnny, yes I knew I could do it. But unfortunately the system showed no signs of life. only 8 beeps. Not having any visible number, as nothing was shown, and on board they had no history of this machine installed years ago. So without being able to identify codes and versions, I had to replace everything. I still kept the cards, and will try to fix everything when I have time.

Back