SCX20 and Open Array Radar Proximity

Omega

Installing new furuno suite and would like to install SCX 20 in front of radar gearbox but wod like to confirm that the array when rotating when it passes over SCz it won't cause signal loss. With a 6ft array that eats up a good bit of real estate if GPS can't be underneath swing of radar antenna.

I understand the ABYC standards which calls for like 6m between every electronic device and mounted on different elevations.... In real world application is proximity to gear box or swing of array ok when radar is on or will this impact SCX performance? SCX will NOT be on same plane as array which I know can cause issues.

You cannot install the SCX under the sweep of the radar antenna. The physical blockage will cause problems. Spacing isn't so much of a concern with satellite compasses vs radar antenna. It's critical to keep the satellite compass above or below the radar beam.

Thank you for the response. So the internal GPS antennas of the SCX will lose signal as the radar swings and the end of the array sweeps over the SCX20?

So theoretically I have a 3 ft radius around my radar where the SCX cannot be mounted?

Thanks again for the time.

Back