SC30 vs scx20 for tzt3 and fcv-1150

buefin039

I have a TZT3 networked system and I also have an FCV-1150. I have an SC30 I could install into the system. Before I did this I wanted to know if I would be better off with an SCX20 .

I wanted to know the pros/cons of one sat compass over the other when connected to my system. The boat is a 39' express with a tower.

If you have an SC30, I would not recommend the cost for a SCX20. While the SCX20 is smaller, the pitch and roll and accuracy are as good or better with the SC30. While the SC30 is larger and costs more, you already own it. I would recommend using that rather than buying a new unit that really won't offer you anything above what you have. The exact specs are published in each manual. While the SC30 is no longer sold, it is a very good unit.

Additionally, its likely that the SC30 has an important pending update you need to perform with your networked TZT3 system. Once you get it on the NMEA2000 bus, pop on over to Furuno's Software page and download the Network Sensor Software [56MB] update.

- Maggy

Back