PG700
DFF1UHD
DFF3 / R509LH
DFF3D with combo 275LHW transducer
DRS6A NXT open array
FA50 AIS
I am using the TZT2 for GPS position

Problem:

The motion sensor in the DFF3D transducer does not do a good enough job at correction for the TimeZero PBG module data. The data on-screen ends up very cut-up and inaccurate when recording PBG data in choppy seas.

I have been told by TimeZero and Furuno techs that I need a SC-33 for accurate heaving compensation. I know the SC-33 works with TimeZero PC.

Now that the SCX20 is on the market, I prefer to go with this as a less-expensive, smaller option. The SC-33 would be a tight squeeze on my hardtop.

Questions:

Does the SCX20 work with TimeZero PC and the PBG module? Will this help display a smoother PBG data recorded in rough seas?

Will the SCX 20 work as well as the SC33 ? I have read the specs and it appears the SC33 is a bit more accurate but will I notice this additional accuracy vs the SCX20 in a real world setting with my application??

Thanks in advance...

Clay

Does the SCX20 work with TimeZero PC and the PBG module? Will this help display a smoother PBG data recorded in rough seas?
The SCX20 will work with Timezero and help improve the PBG data in rough seas because it has pitch/roll and heaving compensation.

Will the SCX 20 work as well as the SC33 ? I have read the specs and it appears the SC33 is a bit more accurate but will I notice this additional accuracy vs the SCX20 in a real world setting with my application??
The SCX20 is the new and improved version of the SC33.

EXCEPT in this case the pitch and roll sensor is better in the SC33 for doing PBG than the SCX20. I don't know by how much but I would recommend comment from SNIPS or C-BASS.

Johnny Electron":2hn999c6 said:
EXCEPT in this case the pitch and roll sensor is better in the SC33 for doing PBG than the SXC20. I don't know by how much but I would recommend comment from SNIPS or C-BASS.

OK, this is what I suspected and is my primary concern. I will wait for their input. I would like to know how much of a difference (if any) will be between SC33 and SX20 for PBG data recording. I see the specs that say the SC33 has a better roll sensor, but will this be noticeable in real life?

Thanks in advance...

Clay

Clayt,
At least in the US, no on the water comparison testing has been done between the two.
Currently Nobletec recommends the SC-33.

Snips

Back