Saving Fish Finder Settings

petrel

Is there a way to save fish finder settings for a given type of fishing? I get everything set just right, see fish, and catch the targeted species. Then I move on to a different type of fishing at a different depth and a different display preference and lose it all.

When I return to that type of fishing, I feel like I need to reinvent the wheel. I also don't have the faith in the display, because I am unsure that I am seeing the same thing, until I catch the targeted species again.

This probably isn't a big deal for avid fishermen or commercial guys because they are tinkering with their sounders weekly. I don't fish that often, so I am not as proficient at altering the settings with confidence.

It would be really nice to just hit a preset that would be all of my display and sounder settings for a particular species at a particular depth that I already have dialed in.

Info: TZT3 displays, DI-FFAMP, R509LH.

While you can save your user settings it will save based on the time and date you save the settings. While you can't name them, you can have several backups and then restore whichever you like.

Thanks! Mind a few follow up questions?:

Could I format and insert a USB memory stick and leave it attached to the unit, then export and import settings as I need them?

Where is the USB port?

Could the stick be updated with the various settings, then attached to a computer to name the files for ease of use?

Can this be done on the fly, or does the entire system need to be brought down and re-started?

Would that be exporting/importing radar settings too?

Could I format and insert a USB memory stick and leave it attached to the unit, then export and import settings as I need them?
Normally no need to format the USB, just use it out of the package. Yes you can export and import as needed.

Where is the USB port?
At the back of the unit on a white pigtail cable labeled USB or USB1 depending on model.

Could the stick be updated with the various settings, then attached to a computer to name the files for ease of use?
Yes, as long as you don't change the file extension, you can rename the file.

Can this be done on the fly, or does the entire system need to be brought down and re-started?
Yes it can be done on the fly.

Would that be exporting/importing radar settings too?
YES

Thanks! This is a good fix for now. I really appreciate you going to the trouble to lay it out for me.

I hope Furuno will consider a software enhancement in the near future to facilitate seamlessly saving the settings.

Back