Ropey RSB096

Status
Not open for further replies.

Preid

Hello!

Ive an RSB096 X-band which managed to get a hold of some cable, stripping a fair few of its teeth from the main turning assembly and rendering it out of action. I've replaced the main cog which seemed to bare the entirety of the damage along with the motor brushes for good measure. Carefully cleaning all the debris caused by the chewed up cog from the internals. However on firing her back up and trying to transmit im getting a 'HEADLINE' error. Although the image rotates on the display with an intermittent output, observing the scanner there appears to be no drive to the motor what so ever. It moves with the wind as if it was powered down.

I'm 99% sure I connected everything in the radar as before. However the more I think about the less sure I am. I'll open the scanner up tomorrow to check the wiring that connects to the motor.

Im curious as to how I can test the motor in the radar without the RF being transmitted. Would I have to disconnect the magnetron at the solder points? Would running without a magnetron connected damage any other part of the scanner? Is there a plug that can be disconnected?

Im hoping its something daft where I've accidentally pulled a connection loose on trying to fit the wiring harness back into the securing clips.

Commercial products are beyond the scope of this forum designed for our recreational products. If you are in the USA or Canada please contact our deep sea department for assistance. If you are outside of this territory you can find your nearest Furuno distributor at this site:
https://www.furuno.com/en/support/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back