Record sidescan sonar data

I am looking to refit my boat with all new electronics and am very interested in the TZTouch3 and DFF3d. I really like the multi-beam sonar and its lower operating frequency (and its longer range capability) relative to Garmin and Humminbird. But I am concerned that Furuno has not yet addressed the capability to record the traditional sonar and sidescan sonar data for consumption after the fact on a PC at home. I find that carefully exploiting the recorded data is very useful to find smaller bottom features and features that I missed while operating the boat. My current electronics support this, and I expect that I will hold off purchasing new electronics until Furuno supports it.
I talked to Furuno and TimeZero about this capability. They both acknowledge that they do not currently support recording and post-trip exploitation of traditional and sidescan sonar data. I strongly encourage that Furuno and/or TimeZero implement this capability as soon as possible. How can I get the sonar data record/post-trip playback capabilities on the appropriate suggestion list?
Please chime in if you think this is a useful capability, so that Furuno can see the interest and adds them to the list of software upgrades as soon as possible.

This thread probably belongs under the product suggestion topic area. As discussed in this topic area, the TZT3 PBG data is recorded on the MFDs but no current way to use on a laptop. It can be backed up and restored to USB. Side-scan is not recorded. Nobeltec TZ connected to the network can also store PBG which can be looked at later on the PC. The PBG format is diffrent and more options on editing and exporting. (deferring to Nobeltec on that system). It sounds like you are suggesting changes and although not the suggestion topic area; I will pass the comments to product development.

i'd be happy with PBG viewable on my tz iBoat app. not sure what the sonar playback would help with but it wouldn't hurt

Back