RDP-131

fvmaerose

Good Afternooon,

I have heard conflicting answers on different forums for this question. Can the RDP-131 be used as a stand alone unit (Radome and GPS antenna connected to the RDP-131)? I have heard it is only a display that only receives the radome plug and gets network plugs from other displays. Might seem like a dumb question but I got a radome and display for free and will be putting it on my boat for a back up. If it does accept a GPS antenna what models are compatible? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Back when the RDP131 was manufactured, there were two versions. One that was sold as a GPS plotter (no radar). That version had no radar connector on the back. It just had a blank panel. If yours has a radar connection, then it is the other model which was sold as a radar chart plotter. The GPS antenna used on these was the GP310B (NLA), then the GP320B was used (NLA). Currently, a GP330B could be use with the optional 7 pin 0183 option cable. (if buying new) The radar would connect to the radar connection and the 7 pin GPS would connect to data port 1. I am sure you can find many GP310Bs or GP320Bs on the used market.

Back