RDP-131 Scanner Replacement

Bilbag

I have a Navnet RDP-131 Dispaly which is functioning but the sacnner unit , RBS-0087-070 is damaged beyond repair are the replacement ubits available for the RDP-131. Help appreciated.

So the radar scanner is bad but you want to replace the display? I am thrown off a bit by the question. Are you asking what a rough (entire) replacement radar would be? While there are like three 7" displays that would work in place of the RDP131, it won't work if the radar scanner is damaged and beyond repair.

So the radar scanner is bad but you want to replace the display? I am thrown off a bit by the question. Are you asking what a rough (entire) replacement radar would be? While there are like three 7" displays that would work in place of the RDP131, it won't work if the radar scanner is damaged and beyond repair.
Are replacement scanner units available to work with the RDP-131 display unit? RBS-0087-070 is damaged beyond repair and needs replaced. So far I can only find second hand scanner units at prices that are beyond economic use.

Are replacement scanner units available to work with the RDP-131 display unit?
Nothing that is sold new. The 2002 era units are no longer sold new, yet most can be repaired (although sometimes more costly than it is worth).
In 2008 most Furuno Light Marine radars went digital with RJ45 type network communications. (Aka DRS - Digital Radar System) The analog radars like this one are slowly aging out. It is great to get 20+ years out of something but keeping it going will get a bit harder each year.

Nothing that is sold new. The 2002 era units are no longer sold new, yet most can be repaired (although sometimes more costly than it is worth).
In 2008 most Furuno Light Marine radars went digital with RJ45 type network communications. (Aka DRS - Digital Radar System) The analog radars like this one are slowly aging out. It is great to get 20+ years out of something but keeping it going will get a bit harder each year.
Thanks for your info. Thought this would be the case. Display unit will just live on as second plotter.

Back