Raymarine autopilot

Jweyndling

My Rsymarine autopilot is not receiving nav data from my TZT14. It does see other NMEA 2000 data like depth and SOG. The TZT14 is not seeing any nmea data. On the data sources screen it only shows itself and the FA50 AIS which is connected by Ethernet. I have checked all the physical connections through the 5002 nmea terminal box.

For years the autopilot got nav data quite happily. Now nothing. The pilot works fine on its own in Auto mode.

Any ideas?

It sounds like the TZT14 is not seeing the NMEA 2000 bus nor it is being seen on the 2000 bus. It could be the port has gotten damaged or a bad cable or tee connector. You might try making a very small simple NMEA 2000 bus with the TZT14 and one other NMEA 2000 device (like GPS antenna) using a different cable and tee than it is currently using. If the powered bus still doesn't show anything up on the SENSOR LIST, the unit may need to be evaluated. Beware of Power tees with two sets of wires. Both sets should be connected to power or you might end up with a device not working due to bus power out that one side of the power tee.

Thanks for your suggestion. The TZT connects to NMEA by a CAN cable. Is that different from a standard NMEA cable? I presume that the CAN port connects to the FA 5002 box. It’s hard to trace it on the boat but would that make sense?

Can you draw out a simple diagram how everything is wired and post it to the forum including the location of bus terminations?

Back