Radar transmit shuts down MDF

jdavison911

I have a 4 open array with 2 10.4 vx2s. When I power up the units both do the normal stuff and the radar screen goes into count down once it is done I go to the mdf that the array is hooked to and hit the transmit, as soon as I do this it shuts that mdf down and restarts. If I hit the transmit on the second mdf it shuts down the one that the radar is hooked to. It’s ran just fine and just started doing this. The first time it did it I thought maybe the radar was maybe jammed up so I rotated by hand just fine, went to the helm and it reset 2 more times then started. Today I could not get it to start up. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance

Have you tried having someone push start the array (like with a broomstick) while you hit transmit at the same time? It sounds like it could be the motor start circuits or the modulator board. If you can push start it, then it would be the motor start circuits and not too expensive to replace.

It worked. After it rotated for a couple mins I put it in standby then transmitted and it started by its self. Did this 3 times. I guess something with the motor is getting weak?

Not the motor. The motor start circuitry on the board which the motor connect to. If you get me the RTR number (last part of FCCid) from the radar scanner label near the hinge, I can get you a part number of what I suspect is having a problem.

I will get up there this afternoon after work and get it for you. Is this something I can replace or is there something to it? Thanks for your help.

Back