Radar Power Switching

Quitsa

Furuno Super Fan
Further to my question about the 711C power switching, my observation with the TZT 3 network is that if you choose "shutdown network", the radar processor in the pedestal will continue to operate. It's easy to tell it is still on because it makes a fair amount of noise.

I wired my radar power supply through a switch at the helm. This allows me to leave the radar off if I am not using it, for example on a nice clear day while drift fishing when the engines are not running and the noise would be annoying. However, once I turn on the radar after booting up the MFDs, I cannot turn it off without getting a radar missing error. The only way to avoid it is to let the MFDs boot up with the radar power turned off so the system doesn't see it when it initializes.

I guess there is no way around this so I can turn off the radar after using it without turning off the whole system?

If you go under the sensor list and reset the items the system sees, it should drop the powered off radar from the list so it is not looking for it and not require you to restart.

Back