RADAR NXT ARRAY SUGGESTION

texmexbdn

Good Morning:

We just equipped our 31 CC super panga with TZTOUCH3 two screens 12, multibeam, pocket transducer, instrument, HUB101, everythings works excellent. I am very amazed with Furuno Technology.

I want to purchase the radar mainly for BIRD finder, of course I have read a lot of this radar and I'm want to purchase an array NXT but I don´t know which model will fit my boat. I have 4 baterries 12VC to supply power to engines and electronics. The height of the hardtop from the water is around 7-8 feet. I Know that height is important for the radar, so was is the minimum height suggested for array radar ?
Like I said I mainly want it for bird mode.

I will appreciate the suggestion

Thanks.

Typically I've seen articles suggesting a minimum of 6-8 ft above water. The NXT open array radars have a 22 degree vertical beam width (11 up/11 down from center of array). You would want to mount the radar at a height so that the lower part of the beam doesn't hit the boat, but not so high that you won't "see" close-in targets. Here's a line-of-sight calculator that may assist you in determining the appropriate height to mount the radar: https://www.everythingrf.com/rf-calculators/line-of-sight-calculator

As a side note...The NXT open array radars should be run on 24Vdc. If there isn't a 24Vdc power source on the boat, we offer a 12 to 24V DC converter as an accessory under whichever NXT radar you decide on.

Back