PSU 005 no power

Spellbound

Have a 1954, 12kw, 72 mile, PUS 005, rdp-149 unit that worked great before boat went to get painted 8 months ago. During reattaching handrails the cord from PSU to array was pierced (vey slightly) and now I get no green indicator on the PSU, have 13.3V at power plug going into unit but no green light and array will not rotate. I have tried 2 separate 005 units and no green light, plotter seems fine. Cable the issue??

Spellbound,

Unfortunately, it sounds like pinching the Signal Gearbox Cable/Assy probably damaged it. It looks like that you'll either need to replace it with new, or get try to get that cable repaired.

Here is the part numbers for the replacement Signal Cable/Assy:
001-409-560-00 10 Meter Signal Cable/Assy
001-409-580-00 15 Meter Signal Cable/Assy
001-409-590-00 20 Meter Signal Cable/Assy
001-409-610-00 30 Meter Signal Cable/Assy

- Deep Blue ;)

I agree with deep blue but also note that the 1954 has a short radar cable that goes from the display to the PSU before the PSU goes to the scanner. I would recommend you fully ohm and check both of these cables for full continuity.

Thanks guys for your information. Unplugged the signal gearbox cable, green light on the PSU illuminated indicating a cable issue. Cutout bad section, spliced (very carefully/time consuming) cable and luckily the radar is performing as it should. Thanks again to Furuno for providing guidance.

Spellbound,

Hey glad to hear that you got your radar operational after repairing your Interconnect Cable/Assy. Consider yourself now a seasoned Radar Tech..! :jump

- Deep Blue

Back