Problem Updating DFF1 software: NN3D

aquabelle

Furuno Super Fan
I have acquired a DFF1 from a fellow Furuno Fan and I have connected it successfully to my NN3D (v2.11) via a non-Furuno switch. It appears to be working fine.

I want to update this older DFF1 to the newest software and I've followed the instructions and downloaded the 'Uploader' from here: https://www.furunousa.com/en/support/dff1

Everything appears to proceed as the Instructions for NN3D say it should until I get past the 'Initializing' screen. I expect to see, per the instructions, update options for both the MFD12 and the DFF1...but only the MFD12 option is appearing (I know I have to say NO to this and leave the DFF1 as YES....if it appeared). The screen shows my MFD is at 2.11 and says the program on the SD card is 2.07, if that matters.

I've downloaded the DFF1 download a couple of times and extracted it to my 2G SD card and I can see the DFF1 Uploader software on the SD card in my pc, before I put it into the upper slot on the MFD.

What am I doing wrong?

ALSO: is there a way of seeing what software version the DFF1 has from the MFD12?

thanks as always

If the DFF1 is seen by the NN3D in the setup wizard and operation, then it is already up to date with software. The update software will only show you units which the software is different than what it has to offer. It appears your DFF1 is already at the newest software. No, unlike the TZT/TZT2, the NN3D has no way to display the DFF1 software version number.

Back