Problem connecting TZT14 to Gen 3 IPad since upgrade

tlgoodrich

Before upgrading our TZT14 software we were able to use the Furuno app on the IPad to be a second helm. Since the upgrade we have not been able to connect with the app. We can connect to the TZT wireless but the IP address does not look like it is right. Has anyone else had this problem?

There is a known issue that doesn't involve the TZT14 software upgrade you did. You will find a posting under Furuno News that explains that Apple's update to iOS14 is a problem for the apps. I would guess that your tablet has been updated to iOS14.

The iOS version is 9.3.6. I also tried loading a couple of Furuno apps for Android on my phone and couldn't get connected that way.

Regarding the iPad, I set up a point-to-point connection per the instructions in the NavNet iOS apps guide as I usually do. Is there something that may have been changed since this document was released. The document I have lists version 1.0.5.8 as the latest Nav net app version.

For TZT series one, only Apple apps work direct to the MFDs. If using android, users must configure a wifi wireless router for the network and connect to that wifi source.

Capture110.JPG

Capture111.JPG

The Navnet app I am running on our iPad is version 1.0.14.0 so that should be OK. The iOS version is 9.3.6 so that's OK. I am out of ideas. Do you have any more thoughts on this?

Thanks.

The iOS version is 9.3.6. I also tried loading a couple of Furuno apps for Android on my phone and couldn't get connected that way.
Sorry I got hung up on the word Android in your post. If you are using apple, then it should work unless you have iOS v14 which you say you don't. I recommend calling support while at the boat because it should work.

Back