Older Map Versions for TZT2

JohnO

Hi all - I am now realizing that I never installed a map set that I purchased a year ago. When I now click the download link, I believe it sends me to the most current map version - not the one I purchased a year ago. For example, I purchased the following map package ending in MAP24.1. However, when I click the download links, the map ends in MAP26, not MAP24.1. I've followed the instructions on updating the charts on the micro SD card and have input the unlock codes. My TZT2 says codes have been accepted, but the MAP26 chart is still locked. Is there a way to find the old MAP version so I can download it and unlock it? Would not be ideal if I now have to repurchase it again just so I can unlock the newer version. Thanks.

The original email providing your unlock code would also include a link to that particular version which was purchased. If lost that e-mail, contact tech support with your system ID and it can be emailed to you again. It will have the link that is needed to get the map purchased.

Thanks Johnny - unfortunately that does not seem to be the case. I bought the maps from the TimeZero site (MM3D Catalog) ... they show up in my TZ Navigator app and TZ iBoat, but not on my TZTL chart plotter. I'm being told by the TimeZero folks that the charts I purchased through Time Zero won't be able to be loaded into my TZTL-15 without the radar module for TimeZero ($500 cost). I'm totally confused on these charts. I thought (perhaps mistakenly) all Time Zero charts worked with my TZTL. If that's the only route then perhaps buying the radar module is worth it, but if I weren't to do that, where do I buy charts for the TZTL? Sorry if this is a super basic question, but honestly, this has confused me since I got this system.

If your TZTL15F accepted the code, then it is only a matter of getting you the right version to download and put on your chart card that lives in the back of the MFD.

For Nobeltec/Time Zero products to have charts cross system licensing the software must have existing agreements in place so that the systems can be joined. iBoat low cost mapping doesn't qualify. Ones with a cross licence agreement are like TimeZero PRO, PC software. If you had chart licence for the TZTL in the past, it will show up against the system ID. If nothing is against the system ID, nothing was ever purchased.

I did some digging. It has to do with the version of TimeZero. With Timezero Navigator V4 you have to have the radar module unlocked in order for charts to link, that is correct. It may not be a requirement with the newer version of TimeZero, but that uses different charts that TZTL cannot so there wouldn't be any savings on that route.
You would have to weigh your options:
Radar on the TimeZero and linking charts for $500.
OR
Purchasing the two charts for your TZTL separately for $500.
Upfront cost is the same but updates would be less in the future by adding the radar module.

Back