Old GPS Antenna GP320B Problem EOL ?

Fishcakes101

Hi,
I'm having issues with the proper date and time. Always converts back to 2002 on my tide chart and it's off by 12hrs. From what I read on the forum it seems like my antenna has reached its EOL. Before I buy a new one, which I am fine to do, I just want to confirm that is the problem. The current antenna is a 2008 GP320B 4447-5642

Also, is this something I can install myself ?

Any advice would be most helpful. Thank you. This forum is great !!

Fish

Yes, all GP320B units have now rolled over. While they will still provide GPS data, the time/date will never be correct. Normally the unit would be replaced with the GP330B/0183 (0183 version of the GP330B) to restore operations. Many can replace it themselves it just takes a little time.

Hi,
Hope I don't sound stupid but which unit should I buy. Several companies sell the GP330B and several sell the GP 330B/0183 Is there a difference ? Are they all the current new model ?

Thank you for any help.
Fish

There is really no difference between the GP330B/0183 and the GP330B

The GP330B/0183 comes with the NMEA0183 cable
The GP330B comes with the NMEA 2000 cable

Same antenna on both just different cabling :cool

Best Regards! :mrgreen:

Fishcakes101":1bd93vsm said:
which unit should I buy.

Fish, unless you have a specific goal to move to NMEA2000, you were coming from an 0183 sensor (GP320B) so I'd just stick with the GP330B/0183 model which should be wire-for-wire a direct install. If you get into a jam, feel free to call up Furuno USA light marine technical support.

Hope this helps, :sail

- Maggy

Hi,

Going to install my new GP330B tomorrow, looks like I can just unscrew the old unit and plug the new one into the same cable. Will it boot up and program itself or do I need to install new software. Couldn't see any reference to that in the instructions. Thank you, Fish

Back