Odd NMEA problem

buckshot

Furuno Super Fan
I have installed 2 new veratron NMEA adapters into my system They convert 2 trans oil temp sensors to NMEA 2000. I was having trouble with the engine CANBUS network throwing codes because they were also seeing the Veratrons in the network. I changed the name of the veratrons to engine 3 and 4 in the network and the engine codes went away.
When I went to the Furuno TZT3 to add the veratron sensors to my engine screen they show as engine 4 and 5 not 3 and 4. They are definitely named 3 and 4 so I am confused.
It looks like it is working , I am just confused as to why the Furuno thinks it is 4 and 5.
thoughts?

You should be able to rename them.
Home/Furuno - Settings - Initial Setup - Engine and Tank Manual Setup

I have the same issue with my Volvos using the yacht devices gateway . One TZT3 shows the engines are 5 and 6, next bootup of TZT3, sees them as 7 and 8. So my engine data shows 50% of the time.

Sounds like an issue with data instance (not device instance) coming out of the gateway. You might talk to them and see if they have newer firmware or if the installer failed to setup the proper data instances within the gateway setup.

N2k can set an instance number for a device. This is different than the name. Not all devices make it plain as to how to change this. And not all plotters or other display devices react the same way if there's more than one device on the network with the same instance number.

Is there a way to reset/remove the prior failed attempted pgn's of Yacht Devices 1708 Engine Gateway YDES-04 on my tzt3's? I am trying to get engine info from my Volvo Penta edc 122 engine onto my displays via nmea 2K and would rather start over fresh now that I have a pc laptop and can keep on the boat.
If someone has done this already I would appreciate some insight.
Thanks

More of a question for Yacht Devices but in the TZT2/3/XL units you can edit the Device Instance in the sensor list and most units will respond and change. Some Furuno and other devices must be power cycled after the change is sent, so that it goes into effect. That won't do anything about DATA INSTANCEs though. That would need to be done within thee Yacht Device setup.

More of a question for Yacht Devices but in the TZT2/3/XL units you can edit the Device Instance in the sensor list and most units will respond and change. Some Furuno and other devices must be power cycled after the change is sent, so that it goes into effect. That won't do anything about DATA INSTANCEs though. That would need to be done within thee Yacht Device setup.
Noted. Thank you
I will follow up.
Hope I didn't hijack this thread.

Back