Noise on Display

Quitsa

Furuno Super Fan
I am also experiencing a lot of noise on the screen when running at planing speed. Unlike the other poster, my transducers are mounted in a location that I know did not experience turbulence because I had a different sounder driving them previously and its picture was very clear at all speeds.

The shot below shows a high frequency CHIRP B175H transducer driven by the internal TZT 3 sounder on the left and a DFF-3D on the right in single beam mode. Both were set to "auto fishing." The B54 transducer is mounted on the keel at its lowest point. The B175 is about 6" to the side and a foot aft of the B54. There are no strakes or other fittings forward of these transducers. The B175L on the other side does the same thing more or less as the B175H though not quite as bad.

Attachments

• Sounder 30 kts Noise.jpg
    Sounder 30 kts Noise.jpg
    433.9 KB · Views: 667
It looks like higher gain which most people like. The areas that cut through the bottom are water turbulence so you might have to slow down or address the aeration being created. The screen looks pretty good other than the turbulence. If you don't like that much gain, you might have to go out of auto and run manual gain to lower the gain so it isn't that high. That would clean up most of the high gain that is showing up.

Back