NOBELTEC ISSUE IN MIXED TZT3 & TZT2 SYSTEM

CBNW

Has anyone encountered & resolved the issue below?

Issue

After 2 hours of all 3 devices powered up on, the NOBELTEC PC mouse will NOT allow you to click anywhere WITHIN the Nobeltec sw program. To regain full mouse functionality the PC has to be rebooted.
(The mouse can still click the Windows 10 OS icons ).

Furuno NAV devices:
Nobeltec PC (SW PRO 4.2)
TZT2BB (SW 9.01)
TZT16F (SW 3.01)

NOTES
1. When the TZT2BB is powered OFF the issue does not present.
2. I contacted Nobeltec support and they advised to do the following =
TimeZero program folder / utilities / Clear Settings utility /clear the Furuno Connection Configuration. We will attempt this soon.
3. We are booting the TZT16F first and the Nobeltec PC last.
4. PC was replaced 6 months ago and the issue persists on new PC
5. We plan on doing the MFD sw updates 9.05 & 3.05 soon.

The core complaint issue is with the PC so you will need to work with Nobeltec on that. I would start by attempting the steps they have provided. While v9.5 and v3.5 will add new features, I don't think it will change anything you have going on with the PC.

Johnny - Thanks for the reply.

we have completed the "clear the Furuno Connection Configuration" on the Nobeltec PC but have not had a chance to test.

In the meantime, I have learned some additional information and have a new question

- Due to a 3rd party monitor video distribution issue, the captain suspects that after booting the TZT2BB, he was never acknowledging the "LEGAL DISCLAIMER" checkbox on the TZT2BB and leaving the TZT2BB powered on & 'stuck' at that screen.

QUESTION =

Has Furuno confirmed that when a TZT MFD boots up, but the user never acknowledges the "LEGAL DISCLAIMER" checkbox and this MFD remains powered on = will there likely be network issues on the other MFD's ?
(Other than missing data from transducers, charts, etc. that are directly connected to the partially booted MFD).

The units sitting fully booted with the disclaimer will have no ill effects to any other MFD that they are using. They are working processes in the background. Each MFD has no 0183 input so if that same unit was never powered ON would be roughly the same as it sitting on the disclaimer other than it is running in the background and syncing with the other MFDs, you just can't see it. That MFD will show up on the 2000 network and Ethernet network if he checks his sensor list on the one he is using. If it caused ill effects at the disclaimer, we would have a ton of people with issues. Not sure where he pulled that thought from, but it is not even close to being correct.

Johnny,

Thanks for the info.

We've been troubleshooting for quite awhile and ruled most causes out - therefore we're down to wildcard theories.

Captain will be back on the boat next week and we'll get to the bottom of it.

After plenty of troubleshooting - we discovered we have N2K bus has cabling issues (shorts etc.) which is causing the mouse click issue and several other N2K bus issues.

Additionally - the ideal setup for a PC w/Nobeltec and Maretron N2Kview is to run the N2Kview on an IPG100 (not a USB100).

Back