no heading 1623

marco

Dear Tech support,

To begin with I wish you all the best for 2019, make it a good one.
Next. I have a furuno 1623 that give “no bearing pulse” but a while ago “no heading pulse”.
I have the dome and cable down on deck now and I checked the cable and that one is good.
It gives a picture but every sweep in a different angle. Often the screen stays blank, so not every sweep gives a picture.
I checked the little black magnet sensor that measures the rotations and that also makes a sort of contact when the magnet goes over and I measure with the multi meter. To be sure I mounted 2 little rings underneath the bracket of the black switch sensor to get it a little closer to the magnet.
Every exact 10 seconds the drive motor stops for half a second. When it continues it builds up speed. This stopping makes the screen blank.
The motor also stops when the drive belt is of. I see that the motor and reflector needs to be synchronized, sweep synchronization, it’s not synchronized anymore. It is possible that the synchronization was off, I found the belt run wrong over the tooted wheel of the reflector every +/- 6 rotations. How do I synchronize again?
Program number: 0359183-01.06
When I do the tests:
-Rpm fluctuates between 15 and 31 rpm
-It has total 124 hours on it and 119 tx time, but after the reset I did all is 00.
Antenna status OK c7,
heading Ok
bearing OK,
rom OK, ram OK.
I can’t send the unit to a dealer or repair facility due to my location and I need to have radar.

I hope you can give me some advises on how to solve the bearing and the sweep synchronization problems.

Many thanks, Marco :sail

You should open a support case directly with technical support of your local distributor. The unit might need to be sent in to be evaluated. If you are a Furuno USA customer inside our sales and support area, you can open a support case at our website (www.FurunoUSA.com) under SUPPORT - Ask a question.

Back