NN3D gremlin

A

Anonymous

The boat has a main screen in the pilothouse and a slave on the flying bridge. A few days ago I fired up the NN3D to make a trip offshore and the visuals of the display had changed. I was not able to easily read the chart plotter on the main screen (slave was OK) nor could I even see the adjustment tabs accessed via the Rotokey. The display issue also affected the view of the Hot Pages. The chart display looked similar to changing from daylight to night viewing on another machine that I have. I also lost all of data boxes for SOG, COG, CTS, and SST, etc. The radar was working but the display was in black and orange, again making me think that the display had somehow been changed. All had been working properly the previous day. Any how, I drove 50 miles in the dark, early morning and it was a bit difficult to trouble shoot and drive in the sporty conditions we had.

Sometime around sunrise I noticed that the display for the CP was back to normal, absent the data boxes. The radar was still in the orange/black display. The fishfinder displayed properly the entire time except that the SST would not pop up. The slave had no changes from normal operation but I couldn't keep climbing up and down from the flying bridge.

Your thoughts.

It sounds like you don't have the proper time offset in your unit and you have used Automatic as your dimming selection. I have seen this in the USA many times during the day when it turns dark in the UK (UTC time). The unit does exactly what it is being told.

I would recommend you ensure the unit user setting are correct and use current software (4.11 or better)

thank you, that's the sense that I had but I'm not so happy with the night mode and will have to switch it back to manual, I guess. spoke to my mechanic and he said he was trouble shooting the transducer and for some reason he and the furuno tech reset a bunch of functions without asking or telling us. now that I have a proper manual I should be able to figure this out.

Back