NN3D display washed out

So, I had my nav system (er... entire boat?) torn apart this winter. It's all back, but I have 3 questions. I'll make 3 posts.

he display seems VERY washed out. The helm station for sure, but I think the nav station too. Not "brilliance" -- I know that button. Washed out, like no "contrast" if there is such a button. Almost looks like I have some sort of transparency set for a second layer (I've played with that, I think. Even the data boxes, which are simple white letters on a black background, are more like white on gray. Depth shading (I use Raster charts) is almost impossible to read.

What did I adjust? Or am I recalling wrong?

Thanks,

Harry

I suspect that maybe your MFD8s got switched while the boat was taken apart. Your other post talked about the master not being on your main helm. This along with the video angle causing the screen to look diffrent, makes me think that someone put the wrong display into each position. If you only wish to correct the screen appearance it should be simple enough. You want to adjust the viewing angle adjustment for a rich appearance from the direction it is being viewed. (MENU- GLOBAL - GENERAL tab - View Angle)

Thanks. I think you hit it. They didn't get swapped, but I was doing a LOT of playing in menus learning the system. And over a long period of time, so I wasn't remembering everything. The "viewing angle" would likely cause those exact symptoms (like when adjusting a laptop screen angle to improve contrast). My next trip to the boat, I'll do that.

Johnny, I've read many of your support posts, and you've responded to several of my posts. Your knowledge is terrific, and your responses are always very helpful. I appreciate it, and I'm sure others do as well. Thanks!

Harry

Back