NN3D Charts transfer information

gtrfred27

I have a NN3D system with a 12 and an 8. I removed the 12" unit from the system and plan to use only the 8' going forward. When i turned on the 8", it gave me a message that said I only had another 30 times to turn the unit on and have access to the chart data because the system (long serial number) was no longer present.

I assume this occurred because i had originally down loaded the purchased charts onto the 12" unit. Is there any way to permanently move the chart information to the 8" unit?

I replaced it with a TZT3. I get the idea, but I bought both units and bought the charts. It would be nice if I could move the license to the MFD8 and remove from the other unit.

Legally they can't move charts of the MFD12 without it being declared condemned. They can't allow the same chart to be able to run on two boats (one with 12 and one with 8). Once a code is cut it can't be uncut. I am sure you already know that NN3D can't be on the same Ethernet with TZT3. It isn't possible to have the TZT3 and the MFD8 on the same network together. If you are keeping the MFD8 as its own system the only other legal way to move chart licence would be if you own TimeZero PC software that has a cross-licence agreement. Have you had TimeZero as part of your NN3D system?

I havent had the timezero. I plan to use the MFD8 at a second station to show NMEA2000 data and the chart plotter.

Back