New to me Boat and Electronics

LineTrash

Hello, this is my first post! I recently purchased a 24’ Custom Weld WhiteWater Special with an 8.1 and hami 212 outfitted with a NavNet RDP-143 with a RSB-110 antenna unit. The cover on the antenna unit is broken and the metal part that spins is bent. I have some questions regarding this equipment, can I buy parts for the antenna? Am I still able to download, purchase maps for this model of NavNet? Boat will be mostly used on rivers and reservoirs in the Pac NW. Hells Canyon, Salmon River, dworshak and an occasional trip to the Columbia for salmon. Is this equipment that would be worth using in these areas?
Thanks
LineTrash

Sounds like you have a NavNet vx2 model known as a 1724. It came either as a 1724C or 1724C/NT. The C model used Navionics and the C/NT used C-Map. If it is a C-Map you might be able to obtain charts for your area, but Navionics no longer supports the media format for these models.

The model number of the radar dome is RSB110-070 and was a 18" 2.2 kW dome. It is no longer available. I doubt yours could be economically repaired but you could send it into our service center in Camas, Washington.

Hi Melvin,

So I was able to piece the radar cover back together with glue and tape. Everything seems to work as should. What are the chances of being able to purchase a new cover for the radar dome?

Thanks
Scott

Where are you located?>
If in the USA or Canada your local Furuno dealer could check to see if either warehouse of Furuno USA has one, but it has been discontinued for awhile. If not available you might have to check online sources.

Back