Need for DFF1 w TZT2

S

Snips

Moonzy1,
I can double check but the only thing I know that has changed with the 275 transducer is the name. Originally it was just called a B-275, now it's a B-275LHW.

Personally I feel that DFF1 has the edge over the internal sounder in the TZT2. However the internal sounder of the TZT2 does have the Bottom Discrimination Mode available if you have the correct transducer. Your M-260 is not the correct transducer.

In my humble opinion, good sounder performance starts with the transducer, the better the transducer and installation the better performance you can expect. If you want the DFF1 (or TZT2) sounder to perform better, I would look at replacing your M-260 with a B-260.

As far as replacing your DFF1-UHD with a DFF3. First just know that the 275, 109LHW and 509LHW all use the same 1kw HF element so the performance is going to be the same regardless of the transducer you choose. You will see a difference on the LF side however. Below is a test I did many years ago when I connected those same transducers to the DFF1-UHD. Note how all the targets are displayed harder but shorter using the 109 and 509, this is due to the narrower for/aft beam width. Note that a 265 and 275 use the same LF elements.

As you know the TX modes are different. The UHD is Chirp and the DFF3 CW, but there also another important difference between the two modules in that the UHD has a single transmitter and the DFF3 has two. Where this comes into play is when you are viewing both frequencies. The UHD alternates between LF and HF channels where the DFF3 doesn't, this makes all target returns longer on the DFF3.

A few other things to know. As of 4/2019 there was a new software for the DFF1-UHD.
If you end up going with a DFF3 I would recommend changing the TX Pulse Length from STD (Standard) to Short 1.

Snips

Attachments

• Chirp test.jpg
    Chirp test.jpg
    301.6 KB · Views: 816
Thanks Snips,
I misspoke...I do in fact have a B260. M260 was may last boat.

When you say the DFF3 can view 2 frequencies, do you mean it can transmit and show both Fred's overlayed together on the screen? Not Side by side?

Im sure I need th update for the UHD. When I finish the install I will update.

THank you

Moonzy1,
The DFF3 doesn't have a MIXED mode like the FCV-295 or 1150 does. So the display will look similar to the below LF/HF screen shot.

Snips

Attachments

• 9427.jpg
    9427.jpg
    387.7 KB · Views: 805
Back