Need best transducer for Fruno 295

Way too little infomation to provide an answer. What is the budget, what is the boat made of, how big is the boat, what is the target fish, what is the max depth, etc?

That should do it. It is an excellent option. DeepBlue and some of the other acoustic gods should chime in but that transducer is hard to beat for your planned usage.

JLee,

When it comes to selecting both a Fish Finder and Transducer I usually ask three things:

• What kind of fish finder that you are using.?
• What and how you plan to fish.?
• What is the size and type of boat that you are running.?

Here is some general information also to keep in mind:

Inshore Fishing Boats are typically outfitted with 600-watt units and transducers with the capability of depths up to about 1,000 feet.

Offshore Fishing Boats normally use the 1 kW or 2 kW transducers that are offering 2,500 to 6,000 feet of depth capability.

Commercial Fishing or Sportfishing Tournament Vessels use depths that commonly require a 3 kW transducers that are capable of reading bottom up to 10,000 feet. Generally, few boats could really accommodate these higher-power transducers because of their size and weight at 30 pounds or more.

Getting back to your question, If you can fit the B265LH on your boat (or consider using the 526TID-HDN) I do think that you will be very pleased with the results for your fishery using the FCV295 + B265LH combination. The important key is going to be finding the right spot to install that transducer without having any type of turbulence issues.

- Deep Blue ;)

Thanks Deep Blue, I have an airmar 1k existing in there now, problem is its just now starting to read wrong bottom measurements and the gain is having to be increased to get any readings

JLee,
Sorry to hear of your problems.
(1) as stated before, the B265LH would be a good choice for your application
(2) have you checked to see if the transducer face is not damaged and clean of marine life?
(3) Have any settings changed in your 295?
(4) depending on which Airmar transducer you have now...you may try to find a servicing dealer with an Airmar transducer tester TDT1000, to verify the condition of the transducer before hauling out the vessel and replacing the transducer. https://www.airmar.com/productdescription.html?id=193

-Sonic Fin

Back