Navpilot 711C No Position Data

JimS

I have a Navpilot 711C and a TZTouch2. I am getting a No Position Data Error every time I engage the pilot. There is no position shown on the Navpilot screen. I don't know if I had position coordinates prior to a couple trips ago but I wasn't getting the error. I've had these units for about 6 years and they work well other than the TZTouch restarts itself a few times a day which is annoying. Also it randomly chooses a different chart and there seems to be no way for me to select the chart I want to use. It also takes a long time to get a GPS fix on startup. My phone gets it muuuch faster. and that is when I'm out of cell range so don't tell me it's getting it from the cell towers.

I don't think I need position data on the Autopilot. It has heading data and it works fine. It's just that every time I engage the pilot I get the error message and I have to acknowledge it before the pilot engages. I'm guessing the position data comes through the Ethernet cable and the little light on the router is blinking so it appears to be connected.

Any ideas how to either stop the error message or fix the lack of position data?

Thanks,
Jim

Try this - search on this site for what PGN's need to be turned on in settings on the TZT2. Most are off by default, perhaps a setting got corrupted over time.

Can you post a picture/pictures of your full sensor list on the TZT2?
Home - Settings - Initial Setup - Sensor List
Several questions will be answered by that.

Back