Navnet VX2 (RDP-149) and DFF1 sounder

Hammerhead

Hello again,

Thank you for the time taken and answers given on this forum. I am sure many of us do appreciate your support.

My new to me VX2 had a ETR 6/10 sounder connected at some distant past. I procured a DFF1 and would like to connect through a hub as I have other Furuno equipment that I would like to connect in the future.
Currently I am using cable type (MJ-A6SPF/TM11AP8-Co5o) to connect to the display unit. This cable came with the DFF1 and I assume it is a crossover and should connect with no issues. How do I tell if the DFF1 is actually talking to the VX2?
The green light on the DFF1 blinks slowly when powered up.
The VX2 shows the network port connected to ETR0. In the setup menu I have ETR0-ETR9 available. Should the DFF1 show up in the network setup as a DFF1? And, should that be a choice in the sounder network menu?

Also, I just upgraded the VX2 to version 4.1 from 3.1, no issues and seemed to load fine. Display now shows 4.1 as the version.

If the firmware is upgraded on the VX2 does that automatically update the firmware on the DFF1? I assume if it's connected properly.

Good morning Hammerhead,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Can you verify what the dip switch settings are on the DFF1. To interface with the VX2 they should be in the Down, Up, UP, Down configuration like the photo below.

Once you confirmed the dip switches are correct the sounder source, you will need to choose ETR0 as the fish finder source in the VX2. The Down, UP, UP, Down dip switch settings give the DFF1 an IP address that matches ETR0.

Then choose a fish finder display to see if the sounder is giving you any readings.

DFF1 Dipswitch settings.JPG

Thanks C-Bass

That was actually the second item I checked prior to turning on either unit.
In the sounder display section, I assume, if there is no sounder attached, you would get nothing??

I get a depth chart on the right hand side and it seems to scroll through the depth ranges randomly. I do NOT have a transducer connected.

Yes, that sounds about right. It is searching for bottom. Once you have a transducer connected you should be all set.

Back