navnet vx2 gps fix and charting - urgent

domer94

i just finished installing a second hand vx2 system. i have the GP-320B with it and attempted to use the Navionics MSD/16XG-3 micro SD for east coast. radar function is great , gps signal seems strong , datum is on WGS-84 , WAAS is on. NOW , the problem is after start up , im not getting a chart on the screen , and even the "default" image seems way off for my actual location at the marina. ive tried checking all possible chart settings , restarting , cold starting etc. if not using a chart card , is there a "default" charting installed with the unit as with garmin and raymarine?

Without a chart card, only base chart is shown with very little to no data. A chart card is needed for Navigation. Navionics hasn't made any new chips for the Vx2 since 2009. Most customers have converted the units to C-map and use the C-map Max Chips. The old Navionics programming used XL9 or XL3 maps. If an older 16XG card from 2009 or older; it should work if the card is good. What is the software program number of the unit when you boot it up? It might be programmed for C-map (although they might not have changed the chart door sticker).

Back