NAVNet vx2 and compatible charts

kmkinan

Hello --- I have a NAVnet vx2 Model 1944C/NT and I recently learned that C-Map no longer makes charts for it. Neither does Navionics. Is anyone else using other charts that are available in SD format and is compatible with NAVnet vx2 Model 1944 C/NT? Thank you.

kmkinan":zj1wvgz4 said:
Hello --- I have a NAVnet vx2 Model 1944C/NT and I recently learned that C-Map no longer makes charts for it.

Are you sure? :sorry It appears your model is still listed as a supported plotter on their "Search Charts" page for C-Map Max Charts: https://www.c-map.com/search-charts ;)

*C-Map let Furuno know that for non-SD Card plotters such as the 1933C/NT or similar NavNet One series that they will not make charts for that. However for SD Card enabled plotters, there's still some compatibility. Our recommendation would be to go locate your local Authorized Furuno or C-Map Dealer.

Hope this clarifies, :sail

- Maggy

Both Furuno and C-Map told me that there are no current charts available for my system (I called the Furuno customer support number, and, I emailed C-Map customer support).

I have re-opened the question to C-Map, based on your link, thank you.

Can you recommend who at Furuno I could talk to that might be able to clarify the supportability of my Model 1944? Thank you

Furuno doesn't sell C-map cards; C-map/Navico does. While C-map options have been exhausted for the NavNet one. C-Map has been offering the C-map MAX on SD Card for the Vx2 and as far as we know that hasn't changed. Their website reflects they sell it. Only they can answer what you wish to know. Please contact C-map. If you find they no longer sell the Max mapping, please let us know here for the other customers. I find it unlikely that they discontinued without notice.

Back