navnet vx2 5kw transducer

niteowl

hello, I have a navnet vx2 that is being setup for my boat for 1500 feet water depth. I have the etr-30n sounder module. my transducers are ( hf 50f-24h 3kw tap c)
( lf 28khw 5kw tap e jrc type)
i have set the etr-30n to manual and set the hf to 50khw and the lf to 28khw. the sounder
works on hf 50khw with screen advancing with multiple colors shown. the lf 28khw works
with screen advancing but with no colors shown on the screen. both transducers are emitting
rapid loud clicking noises when the range is set on 50 feet. when i change the range mode the
clicking slows down accordingly. all this is being done on the bench before installation in my
boat. the transducers will be in a tank one foot deep with the transducer faces touching the water. my question is= is the 28khw made by jrc compatible with the furuno navnet-etr-30n ?
thank you in advance for any information you may provide.

Niteowl,
I have never tried using the 5kw JRC transducer with a ETR-30N. I don't know if I would have started by using the "E" tap setting however. I would have started with the "A" tap and worked up using an Oscilloscope to measure the VP-P voltage being applied to the transducer. In theory it should work in some matter.

Snips

Back