Nav Pilot heading source

Cabo92

Furuno Fan
BA2703D8-E1B1-40F1-A55B-2E7D3486CB9C.jpeg
Is this correct? Just had Scx 20 installed. At start up the navpilot and tzt says recalibrate heading source and new heading source recalibrate. I believe it is right, we've had the PG700 before the scx upgrade

Last edited:
As it shows now you are locked on to use the PG700 for your primary heading. I would first recommend you check your NMEA 2000 instances for conflicts. For example both the PG700 and SCX20 put out heading PGN so they should not be on the same device instance number. The lower the number the higher the priority. With that I would recommend the SCX20 be 0 so it is the highest priority on the bus for heading and position data. Once you NMEA 2000 has been instanced properly, the pilot would need to be configured to use the SCX20 as your primary heading source. This is done as described in the installation manual (Para 3.7) to ensure it is locked to the primary sources you wish to use.
1684762893612.png

Ok thanks my installer didn't configure the instances I assume. During setup should I change the PG700 to 1 or does that matter

It depends on how many sources of heading you have but if only those two devices; yes 1 would be appropriate while leaving the SCX20 to 0.

Back