Nav pilot 300 update gone wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seth27959

In the 2.5 years that I’ve owned Furuno products updating them has been 100% impossible.
I totally gave up on trying to update my Gp1971f.I would love to benefit from the upgrades and fixes they have come up with but I’ve learned to live without them.

On to the Nav-pilot 300. Been getting drive unit overload codes. So i call furuno and they tell me to update it and it should fix the problem.
I go through the first flash drive process and it does great( holy crap I was successfully updating something) now for part two insert the second drive turn unit on following the directions 100% the whole time.
Its downloading great then boom the pos gets stuck saying now updating. Call furuno theyve never seen this before.
Cut unit off try again its stuck saying the same thing.
When I purchased furuno i expected the best and still believe them to be the best but all of my equipment has been a pain in my ass
Except my 587 i love that unit. Thank god it doesnt require updates.

Has anyone else seen this before? Im doubting it since furuno said theyve never seen this problem.

Cant wait to unwire my entire system and send it all off so i can have it updated.

Units shouldn't be updated without reason and it isn't for everyone. Some are better off sending units in for a free update or getting with the dealer. Most don't have problems with updating but it seems you have had a rash of them. The Furuno forum is for mutual assistance not axe grinding. There are other sites for that. Furuno ships units with the current software so it is rare to see anyone needing to conduct an upgrade right away. Sometimes distributors are not the best at rotating stock and things happen. If you work within official support channels I am sure they will get you fixed up, but I can understand the frustration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back