Nav pilot 300 not powering up

Hammerhands

After installing all new: Processor,Tz12 MFD,control unit, and terminating to the pg 700 heading sensor and all nmea2000 cabled in same order, the control unit does not power up. Also there is no power to the heading sensor for location test. I have checked fuse and power to processor it shows 12.8 volts so thats not it. I fired up the MFD went into index, searched for Pilot to find, Processor not installed as a result there. Is there something I missed with the connections. I was informed i wouldn't need a can bus unless i added another equpiment unit.
Any help i can recieve i'm greatly appreciative of, Thank You

Hammerhands,

I would re-check all the connections going into the NAVPILOT300 Processor. And if the FAP3011 Control Head and the PG700 are not working, have you ensured that the NMEA2000 Backbone is powered with 12VDC..? :think

- Deep Blue

Deep Blue Thnx for the response, I checked for voltage going in as i mentioned and it is there. However coming out, (and you are referencing the NMEA cable from processor correct)? I dont have whatever connecting test apparatus there must be to check that cable. I could not find a diagram on the male prong end to show where power lead is. Is there a way to carefully check with a volt meter across the hot feed lead on the male prong end, Or am i missing the F1-5002 Junction Box to make the system operational. Still stumped.

Hammerhands,

The issue is that there is no power to your NMEA2000 Backbone, and you have to supply 12VDC to the Backbone. You can do this by using a FI5002, or just by adding a NMEA2000 Power Tee to supply voltage backbone voltage. The NAVPILOT300 will not supply the voltage to the NMEA2000 backbone cables, so you must do that separately.

Here is the test points that you can check voltage for any NMEA2000 system, showing NMEA2000 Connectors with Pins 2 +V and Pin 3 -V
NMEA2000.jpg

-Deep Blue :)

Hammerhands,

Just a quick advisory. Most of the NMEA2000 Power-Tees on the market have split power sides, meaning you have to connect both sides of the Power-Tee wiring to enable to power both sides of of a NMEA2000 backbone.

See the drawing below:

Typical Power Tee.jpg

- Deep Blue ;)

Back