Nav Pilot 300 lost communication during dockside setup

Going thru the dock side setup with my Nav Pilot 300 and almost immediately during the bleeding process the error came up lost communication with processor. I heard the pump engage for a second then the error followed immediately. Now when I start up the system the processor does not come up and the no communication error prompts and there are limited options in the menu. I checked the internal 2A glass fuse and the external fuse. Both are good. Checked the NMEA network with my TZ3 and SCX-20 and they show up on the network. Any suggestions why the pump would cause the processor to malfunction? Pump is a furuno oct1612
Thanks

The pump isn't too big. This isn't about current as by the sound of it is communications or power related. I would double check the 2000 bus. Ensure the 300 pilot is connected by the 2000 drop pigtail and not the Drive by wire connection (which is the same time and would fit by mistake). I would recommend powering the pilot processor and the 2000 bus power from the same source so when the breaker is turned on, both get power at the same time. I would keep the pump wires WELLL away from the NMEA 2000 communication wiring.

The pump isn't too big. This isn't about current as by the sound of it is communications or power related. I would double check the 2000 bus. Ensure the 300 pilot is connected by the 2000 drop pigtail and not the Drive by wire connection (which is the same time and would fit by mistake). I would recommend powering the pilot processor and the 2000 bus power from the same source so when the breaker is turned on, both get power at the same time. I would keep the pump wires WELLL away from the NMEA 2000 communication wiring.
I have all of my electronics on at the same time. I confirmed NMEA pigtail is on the NMEA back bone. Do I need any end terminator on the DBW pigtail? Thanks

I disconnected the pump from the system and bumped with 12VDC in both direction ,confirmed it works. I confirmed 12VDC is going to the processor. Control unit shows healthy and recognizes other devices on the network.

Attachments

• IMG_3036.jpeg
    IMG_3036.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_3037.jpeg
    IMG_3037.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_3038.jpeg
    IMG_3038.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 4
If DBW isn't being used it should be covered to prevent damage or corrosion. It would not be terminated or anything special. While the system seems to show it sees the SCX20, either it doesn't have clear view of the sky or the setup hasn't been done where the data sources (heading source in particular) hasn't been set. If it has clear view and the source set, heading should be displayed.

The data sources need to be setup in the Navpilot configuration (normally done by the installer when setup initially). The Pilot must be configured. If no source is selected it won't show the data even if present and everything is working correctly. Check the source selection you have in the software for heading in the pilot installation setup.

Have you removed power and NMEA 2000 from the NavPilot 300 processor at the same time to give a complete power cycle? If so, did the processor resume communications?
You said you bumped the pump in each direction. Did it moved your engines/rudders? You can run it much longer than a "bump" without problem if your power wire is correctly sized to ensure the pump is healthy.
Can you upload a complete screenshot of your sensor list from the TZT3? You may have to scroll down to see all the items if you have enough devices.

Back