MFDBB Delayed write error

P

PascalG

Trying to solve anissue with an MFDBB system.

Occasionlly the system will show a Delayed Write Failed message, "windows was unable to save all the data for the file D:\$bitmap. The data has been lost..."

After clearing the message, chart data is lost and the system freeze or shuts down.

After a full shutdown (holding power button for 5 or 6 seconds), the unit will freeze and crash during the restart. After an hour or two, it will usually restart ok until the next time the error happens. Sometimes it will run fine for days, sometimes it will crash after minutes.

If I press F8 on the keyboard, and select debugging mode, it will restart right away but eventually throw the Delayed Write error

Local Furuno dealer (Miami) bursted out laughing when i brought the BB for service, claiming it was an antique, unserviceable and pushing a full replacment with new TZ incl new monitors, radar, etc..

Since the Delayed Write error usually points to a cache problem, and because the system soemtimes stays up for days, i m wondering if it is not just a software issue or maybe just a drive problem.

Any suggestion on how to address this? System is 9 years old, nothing has been changed in at least the past two years

Good morning PascalG,

Thank you for your inquiry. We are sorry to hear about your issues and I think we can help you out. First before we get started we need to have a little bit more details of the systems on your vessel.

We understand the issue with the MFDBB, can you please provide the software version of the MFDBB that is having the issues?

Also is there other NavNet 3D units connected to the system? If there is what is the version of their software?

When was the last time you did any kind of backup for your routes and waypoints?

When was the last time that you updated the charts in the system?

When was the last time you did a software upgrade to the MFDBB? Do you recall if you performed a master reset after the software was updated?

Please let us know about the answers to the questions above and we will hopefully find a way to move forward.

Kind Regards,

C-Bass

Thanks for the quick reply

Version 2.07
No other navnet3d, mfdbb is connected to a pair of 20" monitors
Never. Whenever i tried to back up any waypoints, i get an error
I have never updated the charts since i started running the boat 2 years ago
Not sure if software as ever been updated.

Pascal

Good afternoon Pascal G,

When the error message happens, if you shut the system down right away and boot it back up does the MFDBB take you to the installation wizard. After you choose the master, the unit should reboot, when it reboots does it continue to take you into the Wizard? Does hit do this as a cycle, continue to take you to the install wizard even though a master has been chosen and the system has been configured?

It appears the HDD could be having issues and maybe on its way out.

I would take a backup of all your routes, points, tracks. Furuno USA can still service the MFDBB. So if you wanted to have the unit checked out please call FUSA at 360-834-9300 and ask to speak with our service/repair department. They will be able to walk you through the steps to get the unit in for service.

Kind Regards,
C-bass

Back