mfd12 with GP330B

IMG_0350.jpegI just replaced the GP320 with the GP330B attached to the mfd12. On the gps status screen, it doesn't shows any Satellite status. The screen is blank, the fix is good, the time/date is correct. Any idea why this is happening and how to correct?

thanks

Is the GP330B really a GP330B/0183 and it is going to the same port that your old one used, or is it the normal GP330B and you have placed it on the NMEA 2000 bus?

IMG_0353.jpegyes, it is a real gp330b/0168. Here is a photo of the box it comes in. I redid the install wizard and still no luck. It is plug into the same port as the old GP320B did with the 0168 cable it comes with.

I would recommend going into the install wizard and do not hit the SKIP button. Let it time out. Hit "Next" until you get into the NMEA port setup area. Go under the OWN tab and pick NMEA 0183 Port 1. Ensure you have changed the GP320B to GP330B and that it has no OUTPUT checkmarks. You should also check the baud rate is 4800. Then ensure it has the following INPUT checkmarks:
"Position & SOG/COG"
"Date & Time"

Next check on the box at the lower right that say "PORT MONITOR".
This will bring open a window that allows you see exactly what the GPS is providing. If the GPS has clear view of the sky, it should provide populated sentences. Can you get a photo of that screen when full? Ideally you should then be able to "RETURN" to the normal screen and go to the top and click on the tab that says "GLOBAL" and subtab that says "DATA SOURCES". You want to make sure that your GP330B is selected as the source for "POSITION" and DATE & TIME" in the pull down selections. Once these are setup; hit "SAVE and Exit". Let the unit come back up and tell me what you have. If not working, it would be good to see the photo you took of the data.

While you might not get the SAT status screen, it does appear you have fixed the core issue of not having position. The icon indicates you are now getting a good fix.Good fix.JPG

The data shown in the port monitor reflects good working GPS. Under a normal plotter screen if you hit "Center" do you not have a boat at the correct location?

I don't think the GP330B will ever show SAT status on the NN3D but it is the most suitable replacement and will provide excellent data. Glad to hear you got it working. :respect

Back