MDF8 Sonar display

mullady76

I pieced together my system from used equipment I purchased, so I'm not too familiar with all the Furuno settings. I'm having problems displaying the sonar on my MDF8. Not mater what I do the image is shown on the top inch or two of the screen. How do I get the sonar image to display full screen so I can see what's in the water column? Sorry this is a stupid question that can probably be solved with a simple click of a button.

Thanks,
Sean

Unlike TZT2/TZT3 systems, the NN3D does not have a built in sounder. You would have an external sounder. What unit do you have connected?

Sorry I should have added that the transducer is running through a DFF1. I get the depth readings and bottom contours shown on the screen, but it’s only shown on the top inch or two of the screen.

If you are getting returns, then it sounds like you are communicating to the sounder just fine. Do you have photos of the sounder working dual freq working in waters deeper than 50 feet?

Johnny,
Below is the only picture I have. The bay that I keep the boat in is pretty shallow (<20 ft.) so I don't have any images in deeper water. As you can see in the picture the bottom return is shown on the top portion of the screen. How do I get this unit to automatically display the image as full screen, like the Garmin F.F. on my boat?

Thanks, Sean

Furuno2.jpg

The range in the that photo is setup for about 150ft in 5 feet of water. I would recommend putting the sounder in auto cruising at such shallow depth or manually range to a reasonable depth scale. That example screen is full screen sounder running dual freq but just not ranged properly. If running manual range I would not go beyond about 15 feet range for 5 feet of water. There is nothing to be gained on 150ft range at such shallow depth. It isn't x-ray to see below the water floor. The sounder seems to be communicating fine and transducer is firing correctly. There appears to be some noise being picked up but otherwise it looks okay considering the settings.

Back