MAN Diesel engine interface with TZT3

Cabo92

Furuno Fan
I have MAN electronic controlled engines and would like to interface the engine data with the TZT3 16” units I have. How do I do this and what equipment is needed ? I have a NMEA backbone in place for other equipment networking with the MFD’s

That would be a question for MAN. Ask them if they have a engine interface to NMEA 2000 and if it works with your model engine(s).

Found the gateway I need for this from boening-USA in boca raton, it’s a DPU-9 gateway around 3,000$

Actually there is a better option from boening it’s called B:MACS PE. It uses the DPU 9 and another module to communicate preprogrammed data like fuel consumption, virtual tanks, adds the vessel logo and a few other options. Additionally it puts the alarm panel onto the TZT3 with a separate icon like fusion or XM radio icons. It’s 5k plus the add ons boening has to program in.

That seems preposterously expensive. The engines must have a more or less typical J1939 or other internal communication interface for linking to gauges, etc.

There are many options for converting J1938 CANBUS data to NMEA 2000 PGNs that could be read or displayed on a TZT 3 such as this Maretron device https://www.maretron.com/products/j2k100.php

The issue will be finding someone who is familiar with the MAN cables and ports.

I’ll definitely look into the maretron. The boening screens are German and the unit offered by them is also German so it’s high

Back