Lost HF side on New DFF1-UHD / Airmar B265C-LH

seaveepete

Furuno Super Fan
On a fishing trip this past weekend I lost the HF side of my B265C-LH transducer connected to a DFF1-UHD / TZTouch2.
This system was installed a year ago and has been working perfectly. That includes transducer, etc.
I reset the sounder defaults thinking someone had messed with settings but still get nothing on the screen when I switch to the high frequency side on the TZTouch unit.

Any troubleshooting advice is appreciated.
Thanks!

Ensure that the DFF1-UHD is indeed your selected source in the top of the Fish Finder menu.
You can pop the cover off the DFF1-UHD and ensure the plugs are secure, no wires are loose going into the plugs and no wires going into the plugs are shorting out to where they should not.
Was the transducer ran while out of the water? You will burn up a CHIRP transducer surprisingly fast if ran out of the water.
If all of the above tests good, it would be best to get an Airmar Certified Installer to put their TDT1000 (Airmar tester) on the transducer to check it out. This is best done while in the water.

The transducer has not been run out of the water. I did also verifiy that the TZTouch units have the DFF1-UHD selected as the transducer source. I install marine electronics and I do have an Airmar TDT1000 test unit. If all else fails I will disconnect the transducer from the DFF1-UHD connectors and wire it to the terminal block test cable and test the ducer.
Just for folks that don't know, if you have a tech test your transducer with the Airmar TDT1000 it will provide a readout on, among other things, the max temperature the transducer has registered.

Back